We're sorry to hear that you are experiencing slower speeds with your Flip broadband connection. Let's get your internet services operating at their maximum capabilities.
What kinds of Speeds should I experience?
The answer to this question depends on a range of factors such as:
- The number of devices utilizing your connection
- The types of programs you are running
- where you are downloading/streaming from
The type of connection you are currently on also has a major impact on the speeds you experience. Please note that it depends on which Local fibre company is in your area as to what Fibre speed Flip can provide.
Flip Customers on the Chorus network:
up to 50 Mbps down and up to 10 Mbps up
Flip Customers on any other Local Fibre Company Network (UFF, Enable, Northpower):
up to 30 Mbps down & up to 10Mbps Up
Identifying your Speed Issue
Before we can troubleshoot and resolve your speed related issues, we must go through the necessary steps to determine the exact kind of speed issue you are experiencing.
1. Plug an ethernet cable into the LAN port of your modem and the other end into the Ethernet port on your computer.
2. Disable all background programs running on your computer as well as all browser tabs. Open a single browser tab and run a speed test here. Test another ethernet cable and another computer if you experience lower than normal speed test results. Try browsing over ethernet as well.
3. Turn the W-Fi service on your modem back on by pushing the WLAN/Wi-Fi key. Connect your computer/devices to your Wi-Fi network and run a speed test here.
What kind of issue am I experiencing?
With the information from your testing, you will be better equipped to determine the kind of issue you are experiencing.
- If the speed test results over ethernet are lower than the expected range for your connection (as detailed above), we recommend completing an isolation test.
- If the speed test results are excellent over ethernet and drop considerably over Wi-Fi, we recommend referring to the Wireless Support section.
- If you have discovered that your speed test results are normal for your connection and that you are still experiencing browsing issues, we recommend referring to the Browsing support section.