This guide looks at exploring the modem Internet setup for the Fritz!Box 7490 modem. This modem is compatible with both ADSL and VDSL services.
Fritz!Box 7490 Modem Setup
1. Firstly connect your modem to your computer using an Ethernet cable as shown below.
2. Open your browser (Internet Explorer, Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox or Safari) and type in the address bar 192.168.178.1. Try fritz.box if 192.168.178.1 doesn't work.
3. A box will then ask for a Username and Password. The username is normally created by you when you originally set this modem up, otherwise try admin for the username and admin for the password.
4. Click "Internet" from the left-hand menu and select "Account Information" from the drop-down below.
5. In the "Internet service provider" field choose "Other Internet service provider" and enter "Flip" as the name.
6. Choose "Connection to a DSL line" from the "Connect via" section.
7. Select "Yes" in "Account Information" option. Enter your Username and Password into the User name and Password fields. If you do not know your Username and Password, send our team an email at firstname.lastname@example.org.
8. Click "Apply".
9. Click "Change connection settings" under "Connection Settings".
10. Select "Maintain permanently" from the "Internet connection" section and ensure the "VLAN Settings" field is left unticked.
11. For the DSL ATM Settings, select "Detect Automatically".
12. Ensure that "Check the Internet connection after "Apply" has been clicked" is ticked and click "Apply".
You should now be able to browse the internet successfully.