We here at Flip take such matters very seriously and we recommend taking precautions if you receive such phone calls.
We will require more information relating to the calls before we can take any further actions.
If you are receiving such phone calls, the first step of action is to log all unwanted phone calls with information detailed below:
- Date of call:
- Time of call:
- Duration of call:
- Phone number calling you (if possible):
We recommend collecting 3-5 examples within a 48 hour period. The more examples you can provide, the better it will be. Once you have collected this information, either send our team an email at support.flip.co.nz or give them a call on 0800 60 8324. We are available 10 am to 7 pm everyday of the week.
Continuing to receive malicious calls
Abusive or malicious phone calls can be treated as criminal offences. We recommend contacting the police directly with the information relating to your malicious calls. Calls that include threats to harm, explicit language or breaching of protection orders should be reported to the police.
The police will find it beneficial if you can provide the following information
- Date, time, duration and phone number of malicious call
- What exactly the caller said during the call
- Helpful information relating to the caller, e.g. gender, age, name, nationality etc
- Helpful information relating to call, e.g. background noises etc
If you receive a phone call from someone who says they are from Flip, please consider the following;
- Here at Flip, we love our customers and from time to time we may contact you proactively to confirm you are happy with your services.
- We will never ask for personal information such as bank account numbers, credit card details, account passwords or email passwords. If someone calls you out of the blue and asks for this information, please be suspicious and do not provide such information.
- If you are unsure or feel uncomfortable regarding any call you receive, end the call. You can always call us back and query the legitimacy of the call of the call you received.