Modem setup is a task that can be completed by yourself and is simple in nature. We have detailed our modem setup process below. Remember all Flip provided modems are plug and play. This means that all you need to do is setup your modem and you're ready to go!
1. Connect one end of your telephone cable to the grey DSL port on the modem and the other end to your dedicated wall socket. Use the DSL Filter if you have homeline services.
2. Plug the power supply into a power socket and the other end into the power point of your modem.
3. Turn the power on at the wall socket and turn your modem on by pushing the power (ON/OFF) button on the back or side of your modem.
4. Go online by either connecting your devices to the Wi-Fi or by plugging an ethernet cable to one of the yellow LAN ports on your modem and the other end into your computer.
- Telephone cable (RJ-11): This cable runs from the DSL port of your modem to your dedicated wall socket.
- Ethernet cable (RJ-45): This cable runs from the Ethernet/LAN port of your modem to the Ethernet plug on your computer device.
|Modem Light||Icon||Description: Status|
This light indicates whether your modem is on or off.
The DSL light confirms your connectivity status to the Flip network.
This light indicates whether your modem has successfully authenticated on to the Flip network.
This light confirms the current status of your Wi-Fi network.