Below are the steps to set up wireless for a Netcomm modem. Before you configure your wireless please ensure you have followed the - Netcomm Modem First Time Set Up article
If you have any trouble with the wireless configuration you can contact Netcomm on 0800 653 962.
- Open up a new browser window
- Type in 192.168.1.1 in your browser
- Enter the default username and password for the modem. Usually it's below details.
- Username: admin
- Password: admin (this could also be the last 6 characters of MAC address found at the bottom of the modem in lowercase)
Select 'Wireless' on the left hand side
- Make sure 'Enable Wireless' and 'Enable Wireless Multicast Forwarding (WMF)' are both ticked
- Change the SSID to something you want your wireless network to be named. For example 'Home Wifi' or 'Smith Family'
- Now click 'Apply/Save'
- Click 'Wireless Security' on the left hand side
- Make sure WPS is 'Enabled'
- Make sure network authentication is set to 'WPA-PSK'
- Change the pass phrase to a password you want for your wireless. This needs to be at least 8 characters long and make sure it's a password you don't mind giving out to people that you want to share your wireless with
- Now Select 'Apply/Save'
Your wireless set up is now complete, you should be able to connect devices and browse the internet! If you have any trouble with the wireless configuration you can contact Netcomm on 0800 653 962.