The more advance troubleshooting listed in this article should only be completed after you have ruled out any issues with your physical set up.
As such, please ensure the following have been completed:
- You have checked you have available Broadband Data in My Account
- You have checked that your modem is synced at your line's attainable rate - this can be done within your modem interface.
- You have checked you are not experiencing frequent disconnections - this can also be checked in your modem interface
If all the above possibilities have been ruled out and you still are having an issue with speed or latency please complete the testing listed below in Command Prompt
To open Command Prompt, click on Start-->All Programs-->Accessories-->Command Prompt
- In Command Prompt please type tracert www.example.com and then press enter
- Please run a traceroute to at least three different websites – preferably the sites you are having issues with
- In command prompt please type ping 220.127.116.11 press enter
- Again in command prompt type ping 18.104.22.168 press enter
- In Command Prompt please type pathping www.example.com and then press enter
- Please run a pathping to at least three different websites – preferably the sites you are having issues with
Please follow the below steps to enable copy and paste in command prompt.
- On the left hand side corner of command prompt screen there is c:/ written in black background please right click on that and then go to ‘properties’.
- Then under ‘Edit Options’ please tick Quick Edit Mode and click on OK
- Once the above step is completed please highlight everything you want to copy and then right click on the text and select copy.
- Now simply paste these results in a word document or email.
Please email these results to Flip at email@example.com.
Once Flip have received these results our Technical Support team will analyze them and get in touch via phone or email with what the next steps that need to be taken are.