If you are having any issues with your phone or modem, one of the tests you can perform yourself before calling us is an Isolation Test.
An isloation test simply means you are trying to isolate what the problem is.
So what do you do, well its simple follow the below steps:
- Unplug all phones and modems from all the jackpoints in the house.
- Plug the phone or modem (whichever you are having problems with) into each jackpoint to see if they work.
- If the modem or phone works on a different jackpoint, it would be safe to say the original jackpoint has a problem.
- If the modem or phone does not work on any jackpoint, then we suggest you try using a different phone or modem on all jack points.
- If a different phone or modem works, that means the original one you were using is broken, so you will need to replace it.