This guide looks at exploring the modem Internet setup for the Netcomm NF4V modem on a VDSL based connection.
Netcomm NF4V modem set up guide for VDSL service
There are two methods in completing the modem Internet setup here and we have provided details for both.
1. Firstly connect your modem to your computer using an Ethernet cable as shown below.
2. Open your browser (Internet Explorer, Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox or Safari) and type in the address bar 192.168.20.1, then press “Enter” on your keyboard.
3. A box will ask you to log in with Username and Password. Use the details below:
If admin does not work as the password, please try the last 6 characters of your MAC address. These can be located on the bottom of your modem.
4. Once you have successfully logged into the modem interface. Click "Basic Setup", select "VDSL" and click "Next".
5. In the new page select “PPP over Ethernet" and click "Next".
7. Select the WAN mode for your internet connection “with VLAN Tag 10” and click "Next".
8. Enter the Internet Username and Password provided by Flip. If you do not know your username and password, please send our team an email at email@example.com and we will supply you with this information.
Example: User ID: firstname.lastname@example.org
9. Finally, click “Next” and try to access a website to test your internet connection.
1. From the main modem page click “Advance setup”.
2. Click “WAN Service” from the available options. This field will show all Internet profile configurations saved in your modem.
3. Tick all the "Remove" boxes.
4. Click the “Remove” button. This will remove all Internet profiles from your modem to avoid conflicts.
5. Next, click “Add” so we can add a new VDSL Internet profile.
6. Ensure that the “PTM” option is selected.
7. Click “Next”
8. Select “PPP over Ethernet”
9. Then change the value of “802.1P Priority” to 0 and “802.1Q VLAN ID” to 10.
10. Click “Next”
Enter the Internet Username and password provided by Flip. If you do not know your username and password, please send our team an email at email@example.com and we will supply you with this information.
Note: Do Not make any changes for the other sections and continue pressing “Next” until you get to the “apply/save” button. Finally, try to access a website to test your internet connection.
If this does not resolve your internet setup concerns, we recommend contacting Netcomm Technical Support on 0800 653 962 to investigate further.