Please follow the below instructions to configure your Flip VDSL modem wireless.
Firstly, ensure your modem is plugged in to your computer using the network 'ethernet' cable.
- On your web browser (Internet Explorer / Firefox / Chrome). Type this address to access the modem: 192.168.1.1.
- A pop-up will ask you for a Username/Password. It should be admin/admin (If admin/admin does not work, try admin as the username and the last 6 characters of the MAC ID in lowercase found at the back of the modem as the password).
- Click on '2.4G Wireless'.
- Click on 'Wireless Basic'
- Make sure 'Enable Wireless' is ticked.
- SSID - select the Wireless Name you will see on your computer / iphone etc (ie: ToFlyForAWifi)
- Leave the rest of the settings as they are.
- Click 'Apply'.
Set a WiFi Password
- Click on 'Wireless Security'
- Wireless Security Mode - WPA/WPA2 Mixed
- WPA Mode - Personal
- Encryption Mode: AES
- Group Key Update Interval - 100
- Pre-shared Key (your WiFi Password) - must be at least 8 characters (ie: y0uwontguessmyp@ssword).
Note: If you ever need to troubleshoot your broadband connection make sure you first plug your computer in to your modem with the ethernet cable.
This removes the chance that Wireless may be to blame.